- 42 The Calls
- Rooms & Suites
- Meetings & Events
- Food at 42
- News & Press
- Offers & Prices
- Private Dining
- Christmas at 42
- January Deals
Yorkshire Day with 42 The Calls Leeds
July 19th, 2011
Yorkshire Day... when the greatest county gets even better
There is far more to Yorkshire than whippets, flat caps and pints of mild - not that we've got anything against these things... in fact we're quite fond of them - but in reality, the Yorkshire of today is a hotbed of culture, exquisite scenery and thriving commerce.
Our county attracts millions of visitors a year to its moors, mountains, valleys, dales and pristine towns & cities...
Naturally, we think our county, the people, the attractions and the lifestyle is worth celebrating... that's why we're very pleased to be involved in this year's Yorkshire Day - taking place on the 1st of August 2011.
The date chosen is in recognition of the Battle of Minden - fought in 1759 - during which British troops (including the Yorkshire 51st Foot) plucked wild white roses (the symbol of Yorkshire) to wear en route to battle. The date also alludes to the anniversary of the emancipation of British slaves in 1834, for which Yorkshire MP William Wilberforce had strenuously campaigned.
Since its inception in 1975, Yorkshire Day has been a time to proudly champion the wonders of the county... and to entertain locals and visitors alike with a host of vibrant festivals, parties and explosions of culture.
One such festival is taking place at Harewood House (20 minutes away from Leeds) between 1st - 3rd August. Here you can enjoy a wide selection of excellent local cuisine, Yorkshire ales, games and fairground rides.
To celebrate our love of all things Yorkshire, we're offering a very special hotel rate to those choosing to stay at 42 The Calls Hotel in Leeds during this special day. We hope that you're going to be one of them...
- January Special Offer: Rooms from Just £60 per Night
January Special Offer: Rooms from Just £60 per Night
- 20.13 Percent Off 3 Night Stays
20.13% off Three Night Stays at 42 The Calls
- Best Available Rate
Best Available Rate at 42 The Calls Hotel
- Advance Purchase Price
Advance Purchase Price at 42 The Calls in Leeds
- Christmas Parties in the River Room Starting this Sunday
- Leeds: The North’s Shopping Destination
- Exclusive Discounts for Andrea Bocelli Concert in Leeds
- Shop and Stay in Leeds This Christmas Season
- Christmas in Leeds with 42 the Calls
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Personal Shopper Experience at REISS Leeds: 26th September-6th October 2013
- Leeds Festival 2013: Wellington Boot Cleaning
- 42 The Calls Receives Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- 42 The Calls Visits Angelica's at the new Trinity Shopping Centre
- Bruce Springsteen Comes to Leeds
- What's on in Leeds - 2013
- 42 The Calls Guests Get 25% Off at Nicky Clarke Salon
- Christmas Recipes at 42 The Calls
- 42 The Calls team up with Reiss
- What's on in Leeds: Summer at 42 The Calls
- Holidays at Home are GREAT with 42 The Calls
- Leeds City Varieties is Back - and Bigger than Ever
- Kaiser Chiefs Come Home to Leeds
- Yorkshire Day with 42 The Calls
- Leeds Loves Food at 42 the Calls
- Leeds Festival at 42 The Calls