- 42 The Calls Hotel
- Rooms & Suites
- Meetings & Events
- Media Gallery
- Afternoon Tea
- Food at 42
- Mother's Day
- Valentine's at 42
- Offers & Prices
Summer City Break in Leeds
August 1st, 2014
Explore the Exciting Sights and Sounds of Leeds this August
Discover the vast range of experiences on offer in Leeds during an exciting summer city break. Browse the array of sought-after shops, grab a bite to eat or refreshing drink at one of the countless eateries and experience exciting evenings of culture within the city centre. While the stunning green spaces surrounding the city provide ideal outdoor escapes and exceptional scenery on long August afternoons. With excellent transport links, it's easy to explore everything Leeds and its surrounding area has to offer this summer.
Outstanding Shopping, Dining and Entertainment Experiences
Leeds is home to a variety of shopping destinations offering catwalk creations, bespoke designs and on-trend items to suit all wardrobes. The city's Victoria Quarter has been given the nickname of 'The Knightsbridge of the North' for its exclusive boutique-lined streets and grand arcade, which house over 70 leading fashion and lifestyle brands including Louis Vuitton, Paul Smith and Harvey Nichols. In comparison The Light and Trinity Leeds shopping centres offer a choice of popular high street brands within modern surroundings and for a more unique experience The Corn Exchange is home to independent retailers, vintage boutiques and street food under an impressive Victorian dome.
After working up an appetite, Leeds offers the chance to sample the true taste of Yorkshire alongside a wide range of national and international flavours. Amongst the city's many fine dining restaurants and bistros, Angelica serve a contemporary menu and unrivalled selection of cocktails, while providing panoramic city views from the 6th floor of Trinity Leeds. For a lighter bite, Friends of Ham provide delicious charcuterie and cheese boards including seasonal and local choices, available alongside craft beer and wine lists. While, a little outside the centre The Box Tree in Ilkley is one of the many Michelin Star awarded restaurants in Yorkshire and offers a modern twist on classic French cuisine with focus on locally sourced ingredients.
Stylish bars, late-night clubs and impressive theatres await those seeking to sample the variety of entertainment available in Leeds. Live music can be found in a range of venues, from the best sound experience in the UK at the 13,000 capacity First Direct Arena and the state-of-the-art facilities at The O2 Academy, to more intimate surroundings found at The Wardrobe and The Cockpit. For an evening of culture, The Northern Ballet Theatre captivate audiences with classical dance, while plays and musicals can be enjoyed at West Yorkshire Playhouse and Leeds Grand Theatre.
Outdoor Scenic Escapes around Leeds
Celebrate high summer with a picnic and stroll through the many green spaces in Leeds. Historic houses and sites are scattered around the city, each offering insight into the area's past while providing acres of woodland and landscaped gardens to wander through. While, the rolling hills and flowing rivers of Yorkshire Dales National Park provide unrivalled views of natural beauty stretching from the Pennines to Cumbria and the opportunity to encounter the many species of local wildlife. Find traditional villages conveniently located for a well-earnt rest at friendly pubs and tea rooms.
Experience the Finest Boutique Hotel in Leeds with 14% Off
Enjoy a summer city break in Leeds at 42 The Calls. Offering a four-star stay within a former 18th century corn mill, the boutique hotel provides historic surroundings and contemporary comforts in a city centre location. After an adventurous day and evening out, experience first-class service before relaxing into feather duvets and luxury cotton sheets in a stunning room or suite. Throughout August, 42 The Calls are offering an exclusive 14% discount off the Best Available Rate for all room types on selected dates. Find out more information and book here.
- Valentine's Afternoon Tea: Served 13th, 14th and 15th of February.
Valentine's Afternoon Tea: Served 13th, 14th and 15th of February.
- Bed and Breakfast Sale
42 the Calls: Bed and Breakfast Sale
- 20.14 Percent Off 3 Night Stays
20.14% off Three Night Stays at 42 The Calls
- Valentine’s Day Celebrations in Leeds
- Afternoon Tea at 42 The Calls
- Christmas in Leeds with 42 the Calls
- Enjoy a Back to Work Break at 42 The Calls
- Summer City Break in Leeds
- The Who Return To Leeds for 50th Anniversary
- Explore the North of England with Days Out From Leeds
- 42 the Calls Awarded 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Tour de France 2014 to Start in Leeds
- Leeds: The North’s Shopping Destination
- Valentine's in Leeds at 42 the Calls
- Christmas Parties in the River Room Starting this Sunday
- Exclusive Discounts for Andrea Bocelli Concert in Leeds
- Shop and Stay in Leeds This Christmas Season
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Personal Shopper Experience at REISS Leeds: 26th September-6th October 2013
- Leeds Festival 2013: Wellington Boot Cleaning
- 42 The Calls Receives Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- 42 The Calls Visits Angelica's at the new Trinity Shopping Centre
- Bruce Springsteen Comes to Leeds
- What's on in Leeds - 2013
- Christmas Recipes at 42 The Calls
- 42 The Calls team up with Reiss
- What's on in Leeds: Summer at 42 The Calls
- Holidays at Home are GREAT with 42 The Calls
- Leeds City Varieties is Back - and Bigger than Ever
- Kaiser Chiefs Come Home to Leeds
- Yorkshire Day with 42 The Calls
- Leeds Loves Food at 42 the Calls
- Leeds Festival at 42 The Calls