- 42 The Calls
- Rooms & Suites
- Meetings & Events
- Food at 42
- News & Press
- Offers & Prices
- Private Dining
- Christmas at 42
- January Deals
42 The Calls Visits the new Trinity Shopping Centre
March 25th, 2013
Trinity Leeds Opens:
Following months of hype, Trinity Leeds at last opened its doors on the 21st March 2013. Early indications suggest that the new development will bring revenues of nearly £2 billion into the city each year.
Amidst the scramble to get all the shops and boutiques open in time, 42 The Calls' PR Manager Jenny was allowed in to Trinity Leeds before the official opening for a look round. She was fortunate enough to get a sneak-peek - and taste of - Angelica, the latest restaurant and bar from D&D:
Angelica at Trinity Leeds
"After all the excitement of D&D London choosing Leeds
Trinity as it's first venture outside of the capital, I was
thrilled to be invited to lunch at their latest offering,
With the Trinity site still under construction and the lift to Angelica suffering from 'teething problems' I was instructed I would be met by our hostess round the back of M&S, near Clarkes, and that she would be 'expecting me' (the mysterious instructions only added to my excitement). So there we waited and at 12:05pm bang on, our hostess arrived and took us through the then unfinished Trinity and up to our table on the 6th floor in Angelica.
My initial reaction was how fantastic the bar, with it's panoramic views of the city, looked, but also how happy all of the staff seemed to be in the thick of all the exciting changes taking place in Leeds. The good old Leeds weather meant that outside dining on the terrace wouldn't be possible today, but we were really happy with our window seat.
As soon as I sat down I knew this was a place that I wanted to spend many an afternoon with my friends, so I crossed my fingers that our lunch would live up to the lovely surroundings...
The Best Cocktails in the City?
The first test... Cocktails! The website boasts that 'the
skilled mixologists will serve up serious cocktails,' so we were
keen to put them to the test! We ordered two Champagne cocktails:
Passoa & Passion, and Raspberry Lychee... followed by some
Hendricks'. They were all superb; visually stunning, served in
vintage looking glasses, and somehow tasting even better than they
Although the food offering is really diverse (serving salads, to sushi, to traditional British desserts), we played it safe and ordered four steak and chips with peppercorn sauce and shared a garlic mushroom side. Each steak was cooked to perfection and the three times cooked chips were worth every calorie.
As tempting as it was to while away the rest of the afternoon enjoying great cocktails, a preliminary tour of Trinity Leeds beckoned... so we excitedly made our way out to see what else the centre had to offer (but not before making a reservation for four at Angelica's sister restaurant, Crafthouse).
Angelica offers a great addition to the Leeds bar scene and I for one plan to enjoy several more cocktails over the summer of 2013."
42 The Calls
- January Special Offer: Rooms from Just £60 per Night
January Special Offer: Rooms from Just £60 per Night
- 20.13 Percent Off 3 Night Stays
20.13% off Three Night Stays at 42 The Calls
- Best Available Rate
Best Available Rate at 42 The Calls Hotel
- Advance Purchase Price
Advance Purchase Price at 42 The Calls in Leeds
- Christmas Parties in the River Room Starting this Sunday
- Leeds: The North’s Shopping Destination
- Exclusive Discounts for Andrea Bocelli Concert in Leeds
- Shop and Stay in Leeds This Christmas Season
- Christmas in Leeds with 42 the Calls
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Personal Shopper Experience at REISS Leeds: 26th September-6th October 2013
- Leeds Festival 2013: Wellington Boot Cleaning
- 42 The Calls Receives Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- 42 The Calls Visits Angelica's at the new Trinity Shopping Centre
- Bruce Springsteen Comes to Leeds
- What's on in Leeds - 2013
- 42 The Calls Guests Get 25% Off at Nicky Clarke Salon
- Christmas Recipes at 42 The Calls
- 42 The Calls team up with Reiss
- What's on in Leeds: Summer at 42 The Calls
- Holidays at Home are GREAT with 42 The Calls
- Leeds City Varieties is Back - and Bigger than Ever
- Kaiser Chiefs Come Home to Leeds
- Yorkshire Day with 42 The Calls
- Leeds Loves Food at 42 the Calls
- Leeds Festival at 42 The Calls