- 42 The Calls
- Rooms & Suites
- Meetings & Events
- Media Gallery
- Food at 42
- Private Dining
- Afternoon Tea
- News & Press
- Offers & Prices
- January Deals
42 The Calls Hotel News & Press
- Summer City Break in Leeds01 August 2014
Leeds is the ideal destination for an exciting city break this summer. The city offers an outstanding array of shopping, dining and entertainment experiences suited to all tastes. From Michelin star restaurants to authentic street food and designer boutiques to quirky vintage finds, every whim and want will be catered for. While those looking for outdoor pursuits can enjoy the rolling hills and glittering rivers of the Yorkshire Dales National Park or stroll through the many parks and gardens within Leeds itself. Experience the sights and sounds of Leeds during an unforgettable summer getaway at four-star boutique hotel 42 The Calls.
- The Who Return To Leeds for 50th Anniversary10 July 2014
Bestselling rock band The Who return to Leeds to celebrate their 50th anniversary later this year. The band will take the audience on an 'Amazing Journey' throughout its entire career, performing their hits alongside lesser known tracks from their many classic albums including My Generation, Tommy and Quadrophenia. 44 years after their legendary Live At Leeds recording, cited as many as the best live rock recording of all time, the 2014 show will bring true rock 'n' roll back to Leeds for an incredible evening of music.
- Explore the North of England with Days Out From Leeds26 June 2014
Leeds is ideally located to provide easy access to some of the nation's favourite destinations in the north of England. Picturesque towns and magnificent cities offering unique experiences are only a short distance away with First TransPennine Express. Situated only nine minutes away from Leeds train station, 42 The Calls offers the ideal base to start your adventurous days out.
- 42 the Calls Awarded 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence23 May 2014
42 the Calls has been awarded the Certificate of Excellence for 2014 by TripAdvisor. The travel website only gives this award to the most highly-reviewed hotels across the globe.
The Certificate of Excellence confirms 42 the Calls as one of the best hotels in Leeds, and we'd like to thank all of our guests who've taken the time to submit a review.
- Tour de France 2014 to Start in Leeds20 May 2014
The world-famous Tour de France starts in Leeds on the 5th July. The renowned cycling race, held across July, is often said to be the most watched annual sporting event on the planet, and with Bradley Wiggins success in 2012, followed by Chris Froome, the UK has a special place in its heart for the race.
Thousands of fans will line the streets of Leeds and Yorkshire to catch a glimpse of their heroes, all of whom are competing for that coveted yellow jersey.
- Afternoon Tea at 42 The Calls25 February 2014
Afternoon Tea is now available at the exclusive 42 The Calls. Indulge yourself with a fabulous treat, in beautiful surroundings... for a great price.
Our traditional Afternoon Tea comes with a delicious range of sandwiches, cakes, snacks, desserts... and of course, tea.
There's also Afternoon Tea with a glass of chilled Prosecco available if you prefer yours with a little extra kick.
- Leeds: The North’s Shopping Destination19 February 2014
Retail has been an essential part of Leeds' economy throughout history, but it is within the last decade that it has grown from a modest market town into a modern shopping destination.
The Victoria Quarter, Trinity Leeds and the Corn Exchange offer shopping and lifestyle experiences matched only by London, with department stores, high-end fashion brands and independent boutiques all in abundance.
- Valentine's in Leeds at 42 the Calls22 January 2014
The most romantic time of the year looks set to deliver the experience of your life in Leeds this year.
Over here at 42 The Calls we've put together an exclusive package that will see you and that somebody special enjoy a romantic private dinner for two in a luxury suite overlooking the River Aire.
Complete with 4-star boutique accommodation, Prosecco - and perfect company - you're looking at the night of your life... at a very reasonable rate.
- Christmas Parties in the River Room Starting this Sunday27 November 2013
Our Twitter competition meant Christmas came early for one lucky person and nine of his friends as they won a private festive meal in our beautiful River Room. Our chefs have created a unique menu for these intimate events, with traditional and more quirky culinary offerings available.
This one-of-a-kind soiree will mark the beginning of our festive season, and we are looking forward to welcoming many more guests to enjoy Christmas celebrations big and small.
- Exclusive Discounts for Andrea Bocelli Concert in Leeds12 November 2013
42 the Calls has long been a supporter of the arts, and for this reason we were very excited to receive some exclusive discounts for the upcoming Andrew Bocelli concert.
Taking place on the 24th of November 2013 in the First Direct Arena, the concert offers audiences a chance to see the legend perform live. The repertoire is sure to be breath-taking, and after all that excitement, what better way to wind down than with a luxury stay at the nearby 42 the Calls...
- Shop and Stay in Leeds This Christmas Season31 October 2013
Christmas is a time of mulled wine, hearty meals and... shopping. And, Leeds is the perfect place to do your Christmas shopping, with its abundance of arcades and department stores, both new and old. There are markets, too, with wooden chalet stalls and local produce perfect for your festive dinners. Indeed, Leeds is a place brimming with Christmas spirit and during December 42 The Calls is making sure it makes the season special for all its guests.
- Christmas in Leeds with 42 the Calls24 September 2013
Every December, Leeds comes alive with festive events and activities. The charming Victoria Quarter, with its boutiques and department stores, is dressed head-to-toe in sparkling decorations and fairy lights. Christmas markets populate the streets, choirs fill the air with music, and 42 the Calls is in the middle of it all.
This Christmas 42 the Calls is decking the halls in preparation for lively office parties, intimate soirees and refined cocktail events. We have created Christmas menus to complement your occasions and, of course, welcome you to stay in one of our beautifully appointed rooms or suites.
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina16 September 2013
JJW Hotels and Resorts has today announced that it will take over the management of Le Meridien Penina with effect from October 1, 2013.
The hotel has been managed by the Starwood Group and operated as Le Meridien Penina since 2005. Starwood Group and JJW Hotels and Resorts have now mutually agreed to transfer the management of the hotel to JJW Hotels and Resorts. With effect from October 1, 2013, the hotel will be rebranded as the Penina Golf Resort.
- Personal Shopper Experience at REISS Leeds: 26th September-6th October 201324 August 2013
Leeds and shopping go hand-in-hand, with the luxurious Victoria Quarter and the iconic Harvey Nichols setting the tone for a very fashionable city. REISS Leeds holds its Personal Approach campaign twice a year, and as part of it invites you to enjoy a complimentary appointment with a personal shopper and a stylist.
42 the Calls is a stylish option for those wishing to stay in a luxury Leeds hotel as part of their shopping experience. Stay with us and you'll be within walking distance of REISS and your exclusive personal shopping appointment.
- Leeds Festival 2013: Wellington Boot Cleaning 05 August 2013
42 The Calls is offering a warm and mud-free retreat to this year's festival goers, including a boot scrubbing service that ensures the comfortable rooms and suites remain dirt-free. With wellies taken care of, all you need to worry about is enjoying a drink in the warmth of the bar and settling down for the night.
The Wellington cleaning service is provided free of charge and available throughout the Leeds Festival, which is running from the 23rd to the 25th of August... and we look forward to welcoming you for the Festival.
- 42 The Calls Receives Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence24 June 2013
42 The Calls has just received the Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor. The award is given based on the votes and reviews given to Trip Advisor by customers and guests... and delivers a true picture of guest satisfaction.
The hotel is proud that all the hard work put into ensuring the highest possible standards of customer service and guest satisfaction is appreciated... and will strive to ensure that these impeccable levels of service are always maintained.
- 42 The Calls Visits Angelica's at the new Trinity Shopping Centre25 March 2013
42 The Calls was kindly invited along for a sneak-peek at the - now fully open - Leeds Trinity shopping centre. Here we were given a taste of D&D's brand new Angelica restaurant.
The centre itself was officially opened on the 21st March 2013 and looks set to generate almost £2 billion in revenue for the city each year.
- Bruce Springsteen Comes to Leeds06 March 2013
Leeds Arena will be hosting a special launch night on the 24th of July and the Boss is taking centre stage. Whilst the venue is looking to capitalise on local talent, the opening act is certainly one that is dividing opinions.
No matter about the politics, the music will certainly be a grand occasion... and a once in a lifetime opportunity to witness the birth of a new cultural phenomenon in the city.
- What's on in Leeds - 201329 January 2013
There are some great things happening In Leeds over the coming year... from the opening of the new Trinity Shopping Centre in spring, to the ever spectacular Leeds Festival in the summer.
So whatever you're coming to Leeds for this year, there's guaranteed to be a host of exciting things to do.
Take a look at what's coming up at the start of the year...
- Christmas Recipes at 42 The Calls27 November 2012
42 The Calls is serving up mulled wine and mince pies to all visitors this December. To help you get in the spirit of Christmas, we're sharing our chef's recipe for the pies served right here at 42 The Calls in Leeds. We think they're the best in the city... and made with the perfect blend of spices, pastry and gorgeous homemade filling. Learn how we make them here...
- 42 The Calls team up with Reiss01 October 2012
A Sensational Offer from 42 The Calls and Reiss:
42 The Calls, Leeds' premier boutique hotel is partnering up with Reiss to offer some great prizes to the people of Leeds.
To find out more, attend the launch event at the Reiss store on 11 October 2012.
- What's on in Leeds: Summer at 42 The Calls15 June 2012
Leeds is set to be a hotbed of activity throughout the summer of 2012. The city and surrounding area are going to be some of the most exciting places to be in the whole of the UK. The Olympic torch is passing through, Leeds festival is looking to be a sell out extravaganza, there's a grand graduation... even the Queen of England is paying a visit.
- Holidays at Home are GREAT with 42 The Calls09 March 2012
Holidays at Home are GREAT is the biggest tourism initiative ever launched in the UK... and 42 The Calls is taking part. Discover more information about how a holiday at home during 2012 can benefit you, how we can help you do it... and how you can receive a giant discount off your next holiday.
- Leeds City Varieties is Back - and Bigger than Ever 30 August 2011
42 The Calls hotel gets behind the reopening of Leeds' historical theatre. This old time music hall, dating from the Victorian period, has just undergone a £9 million refurbishment and is set to bring hundreds of A-List performers into the city.
- Kaiser Chiefs Come Home to Leeds18 August 2011
The Kaiser chiefs are coming home to Leeds and 42 The Calls is gearing up for the gig of the year. So, if you're coming to stay in the city for the concert... you may want to consider staying at the hotel run by their biggest fans (ie. ours).
- Yorkshire Day with 42 The Calls19 July 2011
There is far more to Yorkshire than whippets, flat caps and pints of mild - not that we don't love these things - but in reality, the Yorkshire of today is a hotbed of culture, exquisite scenery and thriving commerce. This year's Yorkshire Day is set to be the biggest yet... and we hope you can be a part of it.
- Leeds Loves Food at 42 the Calls24 June 2011
Foodies are taking over the city of Leeds between 1st and 3rd of July 2011. With over 20 Events and an international market featuring over a hundred stallholders from around the world... the sixth Leeds Loves Food Festival is set to be the biggest and best even yet. Check out how you can get involved...
- Leeds Festival at 42 The Calls 02 June 2011
Leeds festival is coming... and this year 42 The Calls hotel is giving you the chance to attend in style. No tents, just warm beds, clean clothes and good music... we'll even wash your wellies for you. Base yourself at our luxury hotel in the heart of Leeds, be driven to and from the event each day... and let us take care of everything you need to have a perfect Summer festival.
- 14 Percent Off August Breaks in Leeds
Discounted Summer City Break in Leeds
- 20.14 Percent Off 3 Night Stays
20.14% off Three Night Stays at 42 The Calls
- Best Available Rate
Best Available Rate at 42 The Calls Hotel
- Advance Purchase Price
Advance Purchase Price at 42 The Calls in Leeds
- Two Nights Stay Offer
Stay 2 Nights, Save 15% at 42 The Calls in Leeds
- Summer City Break in Leeds
- The Who Return To Leeds for 50th Anniversary
- Explore the North of England with Days Out From Leeds
- 42 the Calls Awarded 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Tour de France 2014 to Start in Leeds
- Afternoon Tea at 42 The Calls
- Leeds: The North’s Shopping Destination
- Valentine's in Leeds at 42 the Calls
- Christmas Parties in the River Room Starting this Sunday
- Exclusive Discounts for Andrea Bocelli Concert in Leeds
- Shop and Stay in Leeds This Christmas Season
- Christmas in Leeds with 42 the Calls
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Personal Shopper Experience at REISS Leeds: 26th September-6th October 2013
- Leeds Festival 2013: Wellington Boot Cleaning
- 42 The Calls Receives Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- 42 The Calls Visits Angelica's at the new Trinity Shopping Centre
- Bruce Springsteen Comes to Leeds
- What's on in Leeds - 2013
- Christmas Recipes at 42 The Calls
- 42 The Calls team up with Reiss
- What's on in Leeds: Summer at 42 The Calls
- Holidays at Home are GREAT with 42 The Calls
- Leeds City Varieties is Back - and Bigger than Ever
- Kaiser Chiefs Come Home to Leeds
- Yorkshire Day with 42 The Calls
- Leeds Loves Food at 42 the Calls
- Leeds Festival at 42 The Calls